Having organic antibiotics at hand is always a good idea. The video below demonstrates five antibiotics and explains why they are good for, while backing them up with medical proves.
1. Oil of Oregano Pills. This is one of the best herbal antibiotics, and it’s exceptionally powerful as it requires 1000 pounds of oregano for the preparation of just 1 pound of oregano oil.
According to a research conducted by Georgetown University Medical Center, the tests of oregano oil in vitro on staphylococcus bacteria showed that even small quantities of the oil have the same effect as the regular antibiotic. Moreover, a study reported by the journal of medicine showed that oregano oil provides potent antibacterial effects against five types of dangerous bacteria, especially Escherichia coli. This oil is antifungal and antiviral as well.
Oregano oil is recommended to be consumed for a period of about 2 to 4 weeks, but we suggest taking it in a form of pills, such as the Gaia brand, because of its strong nature.
2. Olive Leaf. It’s a widely known herbal antibiotic. According to some studies, olive leaf isn’t an antibiotic alternative for broad spectrum of conditions. However, it affects dangerous stomach bacteria, including MRSA which is often resistant to antibiotics. This oil possesses antifungal and antiviral properties.
3. kidneys. University of Maryland states that garlic boosts the immune system, and other study proved that it can reduce the common cold. Garlic is also antiviral and antifungal.
4. Goldenseal. This herb is astringent and it’s usually used for mucus membrane infections, and inflammation. This herb has antimicrobial alkaloids in its content, and berberine is the main one.
Goldenseal prevents bacteria to adhere to the surface of tissues. It is also antidiarrheal, antifungal, and acts against protozoa. The University of NC has confirmed Goldenseal activity against MRSA. The Egypt Agricultural Center conducted a research which involved two groups of fish. The one was given antibiotics, and the other goldenseal. The recovery rate of the group which received antibiotics was 84%, whereas the one with goldenseal showed 87% recovery rate.
5. Vitamin C was discovered to destroy a resistant culture in vitro by researchers at the NYC Albert Einstein College of Medicine. Take a look at the video below, where Dr. Thomas Levy talks about vitamin C.
When you feel symptoms of cold and flu, just take 1000 milligrams of vitamin C, three times per day for a period of one week, although you will notice the symptoms are gone at the second to fourth day.
6. sore throat.
7. sinus infections and upper respiratory tract infections. Headache, cough, and sore throat.
8. Manuka honey. It’s an antibacterial, great for MRSA and wounds.
9. Bee propolis. Anti-viral, anti-inflammatory, used for respiratory infections.
10. ear infections.
11. Oregon Grape. Possesses antibacterial properties; used for urinary and intestine tract.
12. Tea tree oil. Antibiotic; against bacterial infections, yeast and fungi.
13. Grapefruit seed extract. Antibiotic for broad spectrum of conditions, antiviral, fungicide, and antiparasitic
14. Forsythia suspense. Antibiotic for broad spectrum of conditions
16. Bromelain. Antibiotic; bronchitis, upper respiratory tract